I love pictures. Which is why I love the idea of this Project 365. Unfortunately, I've noticed my pictures are really very poor quality. Normally, taken with my cell phone b/c I ALWAYS misplace my camera. It's frustrating to be me some days. Today is no different, except, not only do I not have my camera, I've lost my PHONE too! Argg. Hoping to buy a new camera soon and actually start taking pictures like I used to know how, since it has apparently left me out of convenience for the time being.
Besides beautiful pictures-weddings, scenery, babies, I love pictures that remind me of particular things. Friends, family, a funny moment, they take you back to that time and let you relive it again-at a distance, which is sometimes comforting and sometimes frustrating.
So no "sights" tonight, but I was reading my friend Courtney's awesome blog: www.cookingupafamily.com (read it, it's great) and thinking of all the songs I love. As she mentioned, ANYTHING Will Smith is in, is right up my alley!
Another more recent fav, is a little Flo Rida: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDAaevTq51I. Oddly enough, pretty much my whole office knows I love this song. It's totally out of character for me, especially at work, but it's one song that can change me from being stressed, to easy going, in 3 minutes and 51 seconds.
On the other end of the spectrum would be my reflecting, rejoycing, relying on God songs. "Your Hands" by JJ Heller definitely tops the list on this end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlL8LayF0uw I first heard this song at the first of the year, and it was entirely too fitting for how I was feeling at the time. Needless to say, it will always have a special place in my heart.
Last, "You're Going to Miss This" by Trace Adkins. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0QCCNCkvzI I've felt this song since the first day I held Kaitlyn in my arms. I try to cherish every moment with her anyways, but occasionally the business of life distracts me. Luckily, I hear this song fairly often and it brings me right back to what is truly important.
What are some of your favorites?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
thanks angi! its not too awesome since i never seem to post!!
anyway you know my song list..i have a favorite for everything!!
I love "You're Going to Miss This". I actually hear it in my head all the time when I'm with the kids, just watching them "be". With Audrina's 1st birthday right around the corner, that song brings me to tears yet makes me smile at the same time. It's amazing what music can do for the heart and soul.
Post a Comment