Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Hard to Change-February 2, 2010



Yep, this is pretty much a monthly occurrence.

It's not that I don't have money for gas, especially today as this is a company car.  It's that I run out of time! I know, everyone is busy, I am not special. I just can't seem to get my time planned out quite well enough.  If ever, I am early, which is so, so rare, I will notice I am running a little early and try to fit one more little thing in, which in turn makes me late

When I'm late, I guess I just kind of hope for the best! My husband thinks I'm the most hopeful person he knows. He might be right. I may be hopeful to a fault at this point.

Like today, I knew I was out of gas, but I wanted to get just a couple more things done at work before leaving. Which by the way, proved to be a very successful day-I can actually read all my emails on 1 page now.  But that means I didn't leave until 15 minutes after I needed to, which gave me only 20 minutes to get to the babysitter on time...in traffic.  So the choice was, be late, or get gas.  Well I didn't want to be late as that throws of other peoples day-and costs me money, so I just "hoped" the mileage was wrong and that I would make it there! As it turns out- I was right!

Silly gas lights, I've learned not to trust them these days...and I'm hopeful they don't burn me one of these times!

1 comment:

Ándrea said...

I unfortunately find myself in the same situation ALL THE TIME. I tell my husband that it's not that I don't want to pay for gas, I just don't want to stop and take the time to get it. Ugh! Glad you were productive, on time & didn't run out of gas.