I have a confession. I can be very jealous at times. I believe it's true for many people. For several years I have been very jealous that everyone else has a garden except me. I have considered doing one a couple times but either have never gotten around to it, or had reasons that it just didn't make sense.
This year I decided I didn't want to live with that feeling of regret for not having at least tried. Problem is, we were getting ready to move. Contract on the house and everything! (More to come on that later.) So I decided, no problem, we will just plant a mobile garden! We went and got some terra cotta pots and painted them black. Then Kaitlyn and I planted corn and carrots. Not sure why we chose these two but we did. As you can see, they are actually growing!
I have very little faith that we will actually get food from these pots, but at least I will sleep at night not regretting having not even put forth the effort. Plus, it was just a fun time to play in the dirt with my daughter. I don't really let her get too dirty very often, but am working on being more of a "yes" mom...when the mood strikes I mean!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment