Wow, so much has happened since February. I really wish I had stayed on my 365 day commitment to document something every day. I guess I will just try to catch up with some highlights.
There were many fun outings over the last few months. We went to Atlanta in March for my husband's grandmother's 80th birthday! It was a long drive! And my husband and daughter were both fighting pretty intense colds. But look how cute they are holding hands on the way down!
So sweet. While in Atlanta I ran my first 5k of the year! I had been looking forward to it for a while. Doing a run in another city than what I'm used to is kind of exciting and fun b/c you just don't know what to expect. I finished in 28 minutes and 19 seconds. My goal was 30 minutes so I was super excited since it was my first time out in a while.
From Atlanta, I was dropped off in Nashville to fly to LA for a 2 day meeting. While there I lost my wedding ring. Somewhere around the hotel or airplane or somewhere, who knows. Moral of the story is it's gone and my insurance was not as stellar as I thought so it will b a while before I replace it!
In April we took part in quite possibly one of our favorite days of the year. Opening Day for the Royals! All our friends have a tradition of grilling and tailgating before the game. I am infamous for having to work and only showing up for part of the fun...this year was no different, but at least I got to be there for a few hours before going into the game with a group from work. It was kind of rainy out in the morning and I was running around like crazy for work so I'm pretty much a mess, but here's the hubs and I.
My husbands birthday is also in April and as mentioned, Royals tailgates are his favorite! I organized a surprise tailgate for his birthday and the night turned out so wonderful. It was a Friday with great weather, Fireworks, the game, and great company! Our friends really pitched in to bring food and the grill, etc to make it great. I think everyone had a good time, and the best part was, it was kid friendly. I love it when we get to take our daughter with us to our most fun events. It just makes it better having her with us after a long week of work. Here's some of the crew.

As you can see, Kaitlyn is quite excited about the game. Probably some enticing fireworks or something going on at the moment.




No comments:
Post a Comment