Saturday, June 19, 2010

Swimming fun and Settling In-Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today was truly a great day.  We had very few obligations, which is always nice!  Kicked off the day with picking up the house and actually making breakfast!  Then off to swim lessons.  We actually have a couple of our friends in the class so that makes it even more fun. Then when we came home, we picked up Daddy and headed to the neighborhood pool.

This was our first trip to our neighborhood pool.  I expected it to be too small to accommodate everyone. I could  still see it being like that during some afternoons, but in the morning it was great.  It still feels like we are on vacation and were just swimming at a random pool.  I don't mind that feeling, makes us really appreciate that we are in this house and neighborhood that we love.


Spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning and running errands. Some friends came over for dinner, baked ziti, one of the few things I actually think I make decently (though I'm sure anyone could!) Put Kaitlyn to bed and spent the rest of the evening watching HGTV-my favorite, and browsing the internet for some design ideas for our house!  The hubs is thinking of doing a red color on our great room wall, but I'm not sure that I'm on board. I found this picture online today and would really like to make it work. I love the painting above the couch and think we could use those colors to incorporate the kitchen, and hopefully someday, new dishes, as well.   We'll see who wins, neither of us are very good designers so who knows!

All in all a great day!

1 comment:

Ándrea said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are loving your new house and neighborhood. Looks like a fun weekend :)