It's Friday! Yea, except, I had a full day today. Went into work this morning and got a few things hammered out that had been sitting around, still so much to do though. A bunch of silly things that I'm just confused on continue to lie on my plate from week to week. Really hoping to get motivated next week and just get them all figured out so they aren't hanging over my head anymore.
The weather isn't great around here, very cold and some snow, but tonight I had a End of the year Party for one of my districts that I was to attend. It was located 3 hours away. The roads and weather down there are said to be quite challenging. So we debated all day about if we were going. Finally at 1:30pm we headed down to the party. It was a long, semi-stressful drive, as there were several cars along the side of the road and the roads were a bit slick in places. Additionally, the wind was kicking up a lot of fallen snow making visibility minimal at times. Not to mention the fact that I was driving my boss's car, with him in it!
Luckily we made it. Very few people ended up attending which was disappointing but I'm glad we came. I think it showed our colleagues that my boss and myself are committed to them and their successes. We had a very nice dinner and then went and did some gambling as the event was at a hotel/casino. I lost 50 buck playing blackjack, not my game of choice, I'm a craps girl these days, but lone behold, there were no craps tables at this casino. Anyway, it was ok, as my husband had graciously extended the invite for me to lose up to $100 without letting me feel guilty about it! So $50 wasn't too bad. Didn't get to bed until 11:30pm though, and leaving at 6:30am tomorrow. Ugghh!
My room was gorgeous as many casino rooms are. Huge flat panel tv, very spacious and an awesome bathroom. Lots of granite and nice fixtures. And the bed was nice and welcoming after a long day. Here's a couple pics of the pretty bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment