Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sewing skills?-January 13, 2010

I saw this adorable dress style on etsy.com the other day and thought it looked like something I could manage.  Now, keep in mind, I have sewn all of 2 things in my lifetime and just recently got my own sewing machine.  Needless to say, my skills and patience regarding sewing are still being refined.  I didn't use a pattern or instructions on this dress. Just kind of wrapped the fabric around Kaitlyn and eyeballed it.  Obviously, it needs some modifications.  I guess I made it too wide, at least at the top, b/c the ribbon straps slip off her shoulders much too easily.  I think if I bring them in a little though it should still work out ok.  I also have to hem the bottom but that shouldn't take too long at all. I think I want it to hit right below her knee.  





Once I get this worked out, I'm going to look into also making a couple summer tunics for her to go with leggings. I'm also toying with an option of having her wear a shirt and leggings under a  dress for a winter/spring option, but that will have to be a different dress with more winter-ish colors.

No comments: