Thursday, January 14, 2010

Road Warrior-January 14, 2010

Part of my job entails being a bit of a "road warrior."  I don't mind it too much, as I normally get to stay within the state I live in and only go about 4 hours one way max.  This means a lot of my trips can be day trips, there and back in 1 day.  However, it's really not the best use of my time to do that all the time. It is much better if I can get down where I need to be as early in the morning as possible, spend the day meeting with people, stay all night and then meet with more people on the way back home the next day.   I generally do about 2-3 day trips a month and 2 overnight trips a month.  The drive is easy, meaning, straight and rarely has traffic, but the days do get a little long and a little lonely.

This morning was no different from most out of town trips. I got up super early and hit the road.  It was so dark out, I did not want to be driving, I wanted to be sleeping!  But it had to be done, however, I was not about to get up any earlier than I absolutely had to!  That means I had breakfast on the go.  A delicious 0 Calories, 0 Sugar LifeWater, a strawberry SoyJoy bar and this yummy banana!


I was driving for about 10 minutes wondering what the sound was I kept hearing! It sounded like something was hitting the side of my car.  When I finally realized, I laughed a little to myself...obviously, like I said, a bit lonely so I get a little loopy at times!  Turns out the banana peel I tried to throw in the "compost pile" on the side of the road, didn't quite make it. Hehe, adventures of a Road Warrior!

No comments: