Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Emotional Phone Call Day-January 25, 2010




Interesting day of phone calls.  I received an email early this morning notifying me I would have a phone interview later this afternoon. So exciting!  I applied about a week ago and was beginning to expect the automatically generated rejection letter that has crossed my desk on occasion over the years.  So I was excited and nervous for the interview.

I think it went pretty well. I felt confident in 90% of my answers and don't know if I could have done much better. Now whether I get the job or not is another story, as SO much goes into these positions besides just a good interview. For all I know this may have just been a courtesy interview, but regardless, it was a good experience with more behavior based questions.

If I DO get an offer, things will get crazy in a hurry, as it will mean moving out of state.  Kind of in limbo right now, but I"m not too worried, either way, I won't be disappointed as there are a lot of other opportunities that I could try for as well. That being said, this one is really good, my top choice besides one that would involve me being able to stay in KC.

I also got another phone call today.  It was from our doctor who performed the procedure after we lost the baby at the first of the year.  They had submitted the samples to a specialist to analyze and try to tell us what may have happened.  Unfortunately, the results were inconclusive. They were not able to produce "growth" from the sample and therefore couldn't tell us anything, including what the gender of the baby would have been.  This was of course, very sad for us as we were hoping to get some sort of answer or insight. It would have also been nice to know the gender, just to know. But maybe it's better this way.   Hoping to try again in later in the year.  Trying to stay positive, but some days, some moments even, are harder than others.

No comments: